Northern Home Modification Services from Tweed Heads in the North to Gloucester in the South meet to train, network and orientation for new workers in the industry 3 times per year in Coffs Harbour.
Future directions for over 65/50 service model was discussed with services identifying current issues with My Aged Care service provider portal and solutions to overcome and work with, ensuring best outcome for clients.
Sales and Marketing Training by Sam from CornerPost Consulting
- Excellent training to assist in promotional potential for services.
- What is Unique?
- What products and services?
- What will the market pay? Quality, Value, guarantee, end result.
- Promotion and place.
- Competition Analysis.
- Marketing position and Marketing plans.
- all identified are busy to very busy, all services receiving many referrals through My Aged Care for maintenance and gardening.
- All services managing the reforms well, some NDIS ready, not all registering for NDIS.
- All services concerns around no hardship fund
- Over 65/50’s difficulty with $10,000 cap on complex modification
- Regional budget holders reports indicate a drop in over 65/50 complex modification applications
- Regional budget holders report allied health budgets expended and under 65/50 budgets expended
- Mid North Coast budget holder will see Gloucester, Manning and Great Lakes (for under 65/50’s only) roll over into NDIS from 1 July 2016.
Indicates there are funds from memberships available for training with all delegates identifying future training requests.
- Unit Cost spreadsheet to be circulated.
- Third Party Verification is currently being undertaken by most services over the next 2 – 3 months.
- Some services have appointments for Commonwealth Quality Review, others still awaiting notification of dates.
Person Centre Planning/Approaches Training:
How does modification fit within the individual goal framework?
How do we meet peoples expectations within a cost efficient framework?
Service Delivery much more about outcomes people want, achieving their dreams, new focus for services, system focus to person-centre focus.
Evidence base of meeting peoples goals, and how modification has done this.
Achieve outcomes of value and inclusion.
Client to be part of the design, bring person in, have them on the journey of change, person will have ownership of the modification.
Building relationships with people with disabilities, and home modification meeting dreams, and aspirations of freedom, independence and inclusion.
- Access Ramps Solutions
- Bulk buying potential, reducing cost of product to Home Modification Services.
- Ways to cut and trim
- Trade bags distributed.
MOD.A Conference Feedback:
Good Conference, good mix of states from across Australia, good mix of workshops and trade displays.
What do we do well?
Networking, relating to clients, consultation
Time Management, collective agenda, attendance
Yes, in particular workshops